Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Prose then poetry

Not huge news to report, except a good morning of working - a new narrative about meeting a man who knew my father in 3rd grade, and then a poem that I thought was close to done but which opened into new space. Now I think it's done, but my body is saying LUNCH. A good morning of work. After lunch 2-3 hours of teaching related work then maybe a walk. Tonight I hope to spend at least 2 hours submitting work and scouting out an agent. I have a novel I want to edit just a bit before sending out to 2 agents I've researched. This is one that was almost published a while back. The publishing house hired a new director, who decided to cut the fiction line. Just as the book went to the galley stage. Well, old history. Hopefully whatever chunk of karma caused that mess is fully past now and the book can find a home.